Famicom AV mod
My custom composite video modification for the Japanese version of the Nintendo Entertainment System, the NES.
WARNING: STILL NOT TESTED.
- Added a rectifier bridge to accept power bricks with any polarity.
- Replaced fuse with a automatic resettable fuse (PTC), which is smaller and does not need maintenance.
- Slightly tweaked position of switches, which weren’t centered relative to the case holes.
- Replaced switches with double rocker switches which are closer to the original ones in the Famicom in terms of size.
Current revision in use for installation in consoles.
- Added support for the HC Famicom revision, which has a different video section and PCB layout.
- Added support for the power rocker in the H revision, which I forgot to include in v1.0.
- Added switches on the back of the console, one for controlling the smoothing on the H revision and a decorative one.
- First revision.
- Only used in a single console.